Thursday, December 4, 2014

Verdict is In!

Last week I went and had my hair cleaned up by my hairdresser I've been seeing for a number of years now.  I was a little bit nervous about the appointment as it was my first cut since going product free.  This could go two ways.  My hair was in horrible condition and WHY would I do this? or Wow your hair is awesome!

When I first sat down in the chair and told her I was no longer using product, she laughed and said "You're no fun".

As she started cutting my hair, halfway through her tune changed.  She said my hair (which is very fine) felt thicker.  That the hair cuticle itself seemed thicker, and my hair was healthier!

Product free for the win!  She was then very interested to hear about my switch to baking soda and apple cider vinegar, and about a month ago, the move to using Rocky Mountain Soap products.


After my last post about going shampoo free, a friend and reader suggested the Rocky Mountain Soap products.  It's a perfect fit.  The products come unscented, and they also have no sulfates (the shampoo even has apple cider vinegar in it!).  Win!  I find I'm using the shampoo and conditioner just as frequently as I was using the baking soda combo (about every 4 days).

After the trip to my hairdresser I'm now feeling even better about my choice to drop sulfate hair products. What about you.  Would you ever make the switch?

No comments:

Post a Comment