Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Through the Loops Mystery Sock KAL 2014 (Spoiler!)

Today I cast on for the Through the Loops Mystery Sock Knit a Long.  Every week until February 12th a portion of the sock pattern is released.  Last night coming home from my knit group, I received the e-mail for the cuff :)

I'm knitting it in Plucky Knitter, colorway Vintage Icebox, and my most favorite colorway of all, Lettuce, by Malabrigo.

There may have been a bit too much TV watching of Curious George this morning, and a willingness to put the smallest one down for an early nap, just so I could wind the yarn and cast on.  I have a not so sneaking suspicion it may be this way for the next few Wednesdays (the day the clues roll in) ;)

By noon I was feeling some Mom guilt and I got the kids dressed, fed them (this is important - ha!), played games, went to the grocery store, made pie (there's a birthday tomorrow!), and picked up the big one from school.  I will also admit there was knitting done at the lunch, and dinner table while I waited for the little people to finish up.  And the needles were picked up as soon as the peanut was put in her crib.

Something nice about finishing the night off, finishing this clue beside the gas fireplace.


I have enough double pointed needles in this size that I will probably cast on the second before next week as well, and try to keep up doing both socks at the same time.

1 comment: